We’ve got Deborah Nordstrom from Journey Fitness + Wellness next up for our 20 Questions Quiz. Deborah offers a variety of yoga, Pilates and meditation classes from her lakefront studio just outside of Westport. Even though her classes are being run “virtually” right now, she is a wealth of knowledge and amazing lady.
Let’s get to know her a little better shall we? Here are her answers to our 20 Questions!
- Question: If your life had a soundtrack, what would the “hit single” be?
Answer: My husband would say – “P” is for prevention!!! As, I am always thinking ahead of how to prevent messes to unnecessarily clean up especially when renovating.
- Q: Early bird or night owl?
A: Early bird. I love the quiet of the morning for meditating.
- Q: Favourite spot in Westport?
A: Foley Mountain, looking over Westport – what a picture perfect postcard!
- Q: You’ve just won a million dollars. What will you do next?
A: Share the wealth with family and friends and donate to a worthy cause or two.
- Q: Beatles or Rolling Stones? (Or Nirvana/Pearl Jam for you younger folk…)
A: Beatles and the Monkeys!
- Q: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: A lawyer.
- Q: Have you ever won a trophy or award? If so, what for?
A: A few bowling trophies over the years.
- Q: Worst hair cut/fashion mistake you ever made?
A: Cutting my hair short. Not so good when you have curly hair!!
- Q: Favourite breakfast food?
A: I love smoothies – my favourite one can be found on the Journey Fitness + Wellness website 🙂
- Q: If you could go back in time and give your younger self a piece of advice, what would it be?
A: Work less; play more!!
- Q: Favourite season?
A: I love the warm days of Fall!
- Q: Who is your biggest hero/inspiration/role model?
A: Wayne, a former boss who has now passed. He was a great leader and humble and kind to all.
- Q: If you could be famous for something, what would you want it to be?
A: For loving kindness.
- Q: What is your favourite smell?
A: Citrus smells – lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruit!
- Q: Are you born and bred in Westport? If not, what inspired you to adopt it as your hometown?
A: I was born in Moncton, New Brunswick. It was the beautiful landscape that surrounds Westport – hills and lakes and the small community feel that drew us to making it our home in retirement.
- Q: Dogs or cats?
- Q: What is your favourite thing about your career?
A: I love guiding people on their “journey” to health and wellness by sharing the physical, mental and emotional benefits of yoga, Pilates and meditation.
- Q: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
A: Julia Roberts
- Q: What do you like best about living and working in Westport?
A: I love the small town feel and the warm smiles that greet you when walking into the shops, stores, and eateries. One always feels welcome!
- Q: Snack or junk food you can’t resist?
A: I have to prevent myself from buying Ms. Vickies chips as I can eat the whole bag in one sitting!!