Nancy Robinson is the curator/manager/all-good-things-operator of the Westport location of Bateman House Furniture. She cares for the store as if it were her own, and that can be seen in every interaction you have with her. Warm and inviting, she’ll welcome you into the store with open arms. Knowledgable with a keen eye for design aesthetic, she’s the perfect resource to ask all your questions.
Nancy took time out of her very busy schedule to answer our 20 Questions Quiz. Enjoy her answers below!
- Question: If your life had a soundtrack, what would the “hit single” be?
Answer: I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
- Q: Early bird or night owl?
A: Early Bird
- Q: Favourite spot in Westport?
A: Bateman House Furniture
- Q: You’ve just won a million dollars. What will you do next?
A: Take a Viking Ocean Cruise with friends
- Q: Beatles or Rolling Stones? (Or Nirvana/Pearl Jam for you younger folk…)
- Q: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Q: Have you ever won a trophy or award? If so, what for?
A: A community volunteer award from my daughter’s school
- Q: Worst hair cut/fashion mistake you ever made?
- Q: Favourite breakfast food?
A: Chocolate Crepes with whipped cream and fresh strawberries
- Q: If you could go back in time and give your younger self a piece of advice, what would it be?
A: I would have continued my education to become a Teacher
- Q: Favourite season?
- Q: Who is your biggest hero/inspiration/role model?
A: My older sister Barb
- Q: If you could be famous for something, what would you want it to be?
A: Finding a cure for cancer
- Q: What is your favourite smell?
A: Lilac trees in the springtime
- Q: Are you born and bred in Westport? If not, what inspired you to adopt it as your hometown?
A: We visited Westport to see a location for Bateman House Furniture and immediately fell in love with the village
- Q: Dogs or cats?
- Q: What is your favourite thing about your career?
A: Creative design work that customers have expressed appreciation for
- Q: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
A: Meg Ryan
- Q: What do you like best about living and working in Westport?
A: The friendly small town atmosphere away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Q: Snack or junk food you can’t resist?
A: Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate