We all know that Tracey Phillips from the Westport Village Pharmacy is one of the hardest working women in Westport, if not the whole region. She makes it her goal in life to try and keep us as safe as possible. But what you might not know are some of her answers to our 20 Questions Quiz.
So let’s start your weekend off right! Everyone get a glass of your favourite beverage, settle in and toast Tracey!
- Question: If your life had a soundtrack, what would the “hit single” be?
Answer: We are all on drugs – Green Day
- Q: Early bird or night owl?
A: Definitely Early Bird
- Q: Favourite spot in Westport?
A: Foley Mountain or the Winery – it’s a toss up – although I think you find me equally often at both!
- Q: You’ve just won a million dollars. What will you do next?
A: Pay off some of my new house!!
- Q: Beatles or Rolling Stones? (Or Nirvana/Pearl Jam for you younger folk…)
A: Rush silly!
- Q: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Q: Have you ever won a trophy or award? If so, what for?
A: I’ve won lots of professional awards but the one I’m most proud of is a gold medal for advanced women’s snowboarding with my old ski club.
- Q: Worst hair cut/fashion mistake you ever made?
A: I’m not sure it had a name but back in the eighties, where you shaved the underside of the back of your head so that when you put your hair up in a ponytail, the rest was shaved underneath…mine was also dyed orange!
- Q: Favourite breakfast food?
A: Avocado on sourdough toast (from Stacy’s Pie Bar)…what can I say, I’m young at heart!
- Q: If you could go back in time and give your younger self a piece of advice, what would it be?
A: Skip husband 1 and just wait and marry Paul.
- Q: Favourite season?
A: Sounds hokey but there is something I love about them all. No favourites.
- Q: Who is your biggest hero/inspiration/role model?
A: My mom. She’s smart, independent, tough, no nonsense, and professionally successful. She pushed me to always use my brain and taught me that there wasn’t anything I couldn’t do.
- Q: If you could be famous for something, what would you want it to be?
A: The spotlight makes me uncomfortable so I don’t think I want to be famous. I would however like to be remembered as someone who took good care of others and helped them where I could. It’s a Wonderful Life kinda thing.
- Q: What is your favourite smell?
A: My dogs – I know I’m crazy but I love their regular dog smell – not wet dog or whatever it is that Maggie rolls in but their everyday dog BO.
- Q: Are you born and bred in Westport? If not, what inspired you to adopt it as your hometown?
A: My grandfather was born here and we’ve had property here in our family for generations. We’ve come to Westport every weekend from April to November for nearly 30 years. Our plan was always to retire here but we got the opportunity to do so earlier than anticipated.
- Q: Dogs or cats?
A: No cats
- Q: What is your favourite thing about your career?
A: The people that I meet. I’m lucky to get to know pretty well the entire village and interacting with them and all the fantastic healthcare workers we have here is really rewarding.
- Q: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
A: I’m not sure but it better be some kind of comedian. Weird, quirky things happen to me all the time so it’ll have to be someone with a good sense of humour!
- Q: What do you like best about living and working in Westport?
A: I really love the pace. I like it that no one is in a hurry. That everyone takes the time to chat with a neighbour or help a friend. Couples hold hands while strolling leisurely down the street and everyone says hello to everyone else especially strangers. It’s a warm, welcoming place taking the time to be that way.
- Q: Snack or junk food you can’t resist?
A: Plain Ruffles chips with Hellava Good dip, anything made of chocolate and the dip Kathy makes from the Scheuermann’s spice!