When you head to Westport, one of the “must stops” you make is to see Cynthia Pringle at Jake by the Lake-Life is Good. Her store is a celebration of living life to the fullest. You’ll always find something to take home with you from Jake by the Lake. And we’re honoured that Cynthia would take our 20 Questions quiz. Enjoy her answers below!
- Question: If your life had a soundtrack, what would the “hit single” be?
Answer: True Colors (Cyndi Lauper)
- Q: Early bird or night owl?
A: Early Bird
- Q: Favourite spot in Westport?
A: Foley Mountain trail overlooking the Little Rideau at sunrise
- Q: You’ve just won a million dollars. What will you do next?
A: Buy a Cottage on Wolfe Lake
- Q: Beatles or Rolling Stones? (Or Nirvana/Pearl Jam for you younger folk…)
- Q: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: CEO of International Hotel chain
- Q: Have you ever won a trophy or award? If so, what for?
A: Valedictorian Niagara College for Preventive Dental Assisting Graduates
- Q: Worst hair cut/fashion mistake you ever made?
A: parachute pants
- Q: Favourite breakfast food?
A: Schneider’s Skillet Strips (discontinued product production about 10 years ago)
- Q: If you could go back in time and give your younger self a piece of advice, what would it be?
A: Take every opportunity that comes your way
- Q: Favourite season?
- Q: Who is your biggest hero/inspiration/role model?
A: Eddie Sheerr
- Q: If you could be famous for something, what would you want it to be?
- Q: What is your favourite smell?
A: Fresh Cinnamon Buns
- Q: Are you born and bred in Westport? If not, what inspired you to adopt it as your hometown?
A: Fell in love with the area, and was lucky enough to move here 12 years ago
- Q: Dogs or cats?
- Q: What is your favourite thing about your career?
A: I am my own boss
- Q: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
A: Meg Ryan
- Q: What do you like best about living and working in Westport?
A: Being able to live, work and play without having to drive anywhere
- Q: Snack or junk food you can’t resist?