It’s International Women’s Day and what better way to celebrate all the strong, confident and inspiring women in our lives than featuring the answers of one of Westport’s strong, confident and inspiring women: Rebecca Whitman from Foley Mountain Conservation Area. Enjoy getting to know Rebecca a little better through her answers to our 20 Questions Quiz.
- Question: If your life had a soundtrack, what would the “hit single” be?
Answer: Here Comes the Sun
- Q: Early bird or night owl?
A: Early bird
- Q: Favourite spot in Westport?
A: Spy Rock (even though it is a little outside the village and I’m a little biased…)
- Q: You’ve just won a million dollars. What will you do next?
A: Buy a homestead and be a farmer!
- Q: Beatles or Rolling Stones? (Or Nirvana/Pearl Jam for you younger folk…)
- Q: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Q: Have you ever won a trophy or award? If so, what for?
A: Yes, 2013 Watershed Interpreters Network Award for Excellence in Watershed Education
- Q: Worst hair cut/fashion mistake you ever made?
A: Choosing a white dress for my grade 8 graduation!
- Q: Favourite breakfast food?
- Q: If you could go back in time and give your younger self a piece of advice, what would it be?
A: Enjoy the moment and relax
- Q: Favourite season?
- Q: Who is your biggest hero/inspiration/role model?
A: Richard Louv
- Q: If you could be famous for something, what would you want it to be?
A: Inspiring people to get out into nature.
- Q: What is your favourite smell?
A: Fall leaves
- Q: Are you born and bred in Westport? If not, what inspired you to adopt it as your hometown?
A: No! A career opportunity brought me to Westport.
- Q: Dogs or cats?
- Q: What is your favourite thing about your career?
A: Sharing my love of nature with others
- Q: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
A: Lauren Graham
- Q: What do you like best about living and working in Westport?
A: That nature is all around!
- Q: Snack or junk food you can’t resist?